CLEMSON, S.C. – Clemson softball head coach John Rittman announced the addition of three graduate transfers, Reedy Davenport, Caroline Jacobsen and Ally Miklesh, to the 2022-23 roster on Thursday. Davenport spent the previous four seasons at FGCU, while Jacobsen joins the Tigers after four years at Duke and Miklesh spent four seasons at Wisconsin.
Reedy Davenport · INF · St. Johns, Fla. · Florida Gulf Coast University
- 2022 ASUN Preseason Defensive Player of the Year
- 2021 ASUN Defensive Player of the Year and ASUN First Team
- 2019 ASUN Freshman of the Year and All-Freshman Team
- Credited with only three errors in 150 total chances at shortstop (2022)
- Holds a .291 career batting average with 138 hits, including 33 doubles, 11 home runs and three triples
- Appeared in 169 games and held a .443 career slugging percentage and .353 on-base percentage with 84 RBI and 73 runs scored
- Finished in the top-10 in FGCU’s record book in seven categories including: Doubles (5th – 33), Assists (7th – 314), Double Plays Turned (7th – 24) and Sac Hits (9th – 18).
- Graduated with a degree in integrated studies with a concentration on communications and health sciences
Caroline Jacobsen · OF · Tallahassee, Fla. · Duke
- 2022 All-ACC Academic Team
- Four-time ACC Honor Roll selection
- Holds a .294 career average with a .372 on-base percentage and .580 slugging percentage through 191 games
- Has 140 career hits, including 33 home runs, 31 doubles and three triples with 116 RBI and 108 runs scored
- Set the Duke single season record for walks in 2021 with 22 and finished with a team-high 21 in 2022
- Entering the 2021 season, ranked in the top-10 in Duke’s career records in 22 categories, season records in 21 categories and seven single-game records
- Led the Blue Devils in five categories during the shortened 2020 COVID season: Slugging Percentage (.789), Hits (28), Home Runs (9), Total Bases (60) and RBI (31)
- Graduated with a degree in political science
Ally Miklesh · OF · Stevens Point, Wis. · Wisconsin
- 2022 Second Team All-Big Ten
- 2022 NFCA Great Lake Region Third Team
- Finished the 2022 season with a .328 average with 40 hits, 20 RBI and a .427 on-base percentage
- Led the Badgers in 2022 with 11 stolen bases and was second on the team in batting average and runs scored
- Maintained a .276 career average with 115 hits and 79 runs scored
- Drew 53 career walks and stole 40 bases, including a season-high 19 in 2021
- Started in 164 games for Wisconsin over four seasons
- Graduated with a degree in health equity with a certificate in sports communication
Davenport, Jacobsen and Miklesh are set to be three of the four newcomers to the Clemson softball team in 2022-23, joining incoming freshman Marena Knowles.
For complete coverage of the Clemson Softball team, follow @ClemsonSoftball on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.