Clemson Plays Cougars in Columbia
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Tigers travel to Columbia, S.C. to take on College of Charleston on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m.
• Who – Clemson (31-17) vs. College of Charleston (31-15)
• Best Ranking – CU – NR; COC – NR
• When – Tuesday (7:05 p.m.)
• Where – Columbia, S.C. (Segra Park)
• Watch – ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers – Brad Owens, William Qualkinbush
• Listen (Radio) – Clemson Athletic Network (locally on WCCP (105.5 FM))
• Listen (Internet) –ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Stats –ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 30-4 (1899-2022)
• Record at Neutral – Clemson leads 1-0 (2019)
• RHP Ricky Williams (CU) vs. RHP Reed Parris (COC)
• Clemson, who has a 3-0 neutral record, swept No. 21 Georgia Tech in three games at Doug Kingsmore Stadium last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 8.0 runs per game and hitting .285 with a .492 slugging percentage, .391 on-base percentage and 25 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.44 ERA, .255 opponents’ batting average and 2.20 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .972.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON OVERVIEW
• College of Charleston, who has yet to play a neutral game and is averaging 6.5 runs per game, is led by fifth-year Head Coach Chad Holbrook.
• The Cougars won two of three games at UNCW last weekend. They are hitting .281 and have a 3.77 ERA and .965 fielding percentage.
• JT Marr is hitting .326 with six homers and 37 RBIs, and William Privette has an 0.76 ERA, 10 saves and a .162 opponents’ batting average.
• Clemson is the designated visiting team and occupies the first-base dugout on Tuesday.
• Clemson defeated College of Charleston 2-1 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Feb. 22 behind 17 combined strikeouts by five Tiger pitchers.
• Clemson has played half of its game against top-25 ranked teams in 2022 and has a 12-12 record in those 24 games.
TIGERS AT SEGRA PARK
• Clemson has a 2-1 all-time record in three games at Segra Park in Columbia, S.C.
• In the only previous meeting at Segra Park, Clemson beat the Cougars 4-1 on March 20, 2019 in a game Jackson Lindley started on the mound.
• Clemson is No. 18 in the RPI through games of May 8. It is the sixth-best RPI among ACC teams in the 2022 season.
• A reason for its solid rating is due to the Tigers’ difficult schedule, which is No. 8 in the nation.
• Clemson has eight wins over top-25 RPI teams, tied for sixth most in the nation. The Tigers also have three wins over No. 29 Georgia Tech.
• Clemson has 12 wins over top-50 RPI teams, tied for eighth most in the nation.
• The Tigers are 12-12 against teams ranked in the top 25 of at least one poll. All 24 of those games have come in their last 32 contests.
• Clemson is 9-5 in its last 14 games against ranked teams.
• Seven of Clemson’s eight ACC series, including each of the last six ACC series, have been against ranked teams.
• Clemson’s 12 wins over ranked teams is tied for the most in a season under Head Coach Monte Lee. He also had 12 in 2016.